Tuesday, May 29, 2012

11 Months

 

 
 
 


 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



Ok let's try this again. Last night I wrote this whole post up, pressed the back button by accident and lost the entire thing! agh!

I cannot believe my little girls are 11 months. Every month I cannot believe how fast the past month has gone...which means their 1 year birthday will be here in a blink of an eye. I am so excited for all their new milestones and watching them grow, but am sad for the fact that my little babies are quickly leaving "babyhood" and approaching "toddlerhood." But to me, they will always be my little babies. :)

They are doing so much and learning new things every day. They love running around with their walkers! No independent steps yet, but I don't think they are very far off! They can both stand alone, without holding anything. They crawl everywhere and climb up on everything. They "talk" to each other all day. They love saying dada and baba and variations on these things. Yesterday Emily said "muhhh muh" so hopefully mama is coming soon! They clap and wave. Catherine loves to point. They can climb up an entire flight of stairs. They love pulling things out of drawers. We got them a play kitchen and play "doorway" and they love to play with those!

Since the weather is becoming much nicer, we have been going out a lot! We have gone to 2 horse shows, the farmers market, the park, lots of shopping, the lake at Grandma's house, etc. They are getting a lot better around people too, thank goodness. They LOVE the horse show - like mother like daughters! They watch the horses go round and round and have a great time seeing all the people and animals. At the park they LOVE the swings and meeting up with my friend's twin boys for some serious twin time! Lots of people think they are quads, haha! Brian and I take them outside a lot to play. They love crawling around in the grass and dirt! They "helped" us plant our garden this year, so I'm sure it'll be a good one! 

In terms of eating, we just dropped down from 5 bottles to 4. They did great with the transition. It took them a little while to realize they had to drink a bit more, but now they finish their whole bottle. One of these days I need to start the transition from the bottle to the sippy......but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it! They are still drinking breastmilk, I don't have any plans on weaning soon. I only have to pump 4 times a day to give them all the milk they need which is easy! In terms of solids, they eat 3 solid meals a day and lots of snacks! Some of their favorite foods include: yogurt, cheese, cheerios, blueberries, sweet potato fries, goldfish, mac and cheese and chicken nuggets. Catherine is good about trying new things, although she is over bananas. Emily is a bit pickier and takes a while to warm up to a new food.

So far, Catherine has 8 teeth and Emily has 5. Although it's getting harder to see in their mouth as the teeth travel back, so for all I know they could have more!

Well, I think that's it for this month! A mere month to go until their BIG 1st birthday!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, how awesome that you've had no issues supplying enough milk for the both of them!

    Those twins-y pictures are BEYOND adorable. Love it!

    ReplyDelete