Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hello 2nd Trimester!

So now we're officially up to date with this blog. I'm very happily in the 2nd trimester (finally), at 14 weeks 4 days.

Morning sickness has subsided considerably, although I still have random vomiting from time to time! But once in a while I can handle, the 8+ times per day thing was wearing on me thin!

My appetite still isn't what it once was, but I seem to be developing a sweet tooth again! Last weekend I had an intense craving for chocolate cake, so I made myself homemade chocolate cupcakes with raspberry buttercream. Talk about hitting the spot! I have also been craving Caesar Salad and French Onion Soup. But since the very beginning, my most favorite meal of all is a tuna sandwich! This is beyond frustrating because we all know that you're supposed to greatly limit your tuna intake during pregnancy, if not eliminate it all together. I have to admit, I have given into my craving twice so far during the pregnancy, but from what I have read eating canned white tuna once in a while is perfectly safe.

Our last appointment was at 13 weeks and went great! Our babies have grown SO much - they actually look like babies now! They were moving all over during our ultrasound. Baby A was especially active, my OB says we're going to have our hands full with that one! :) I love seeing them move though, it's such an amazing sight. I just want to be able to FEEL it now!!!!

Here are their beautiful pictures from the last appointment:

This is Baby A, looking cute as ever! It's head is to the left, and you can see he or she is waving to us! See the little hand right in front of the face?!

This is Baby B who is facing down. His or her head is to the right and you can see it's spine going all the way down, with it's legs to the far left.
And here they are together! This isn't a great picture though. Baby B is on the top, with it's back facing us. Baby A is on the bottom and is staring straight at us, with his or her hands to the side! Cute and a little creepy, haha!
In terms of my body changing and growing with these babies, it certainly is! Like I said before, I lost 10 lbs. in the first trimester but my belly is growing day by day! I'm in maternity pants most of the time now (and don't forsee me EVER going back to regular pants again, even after the babies are here! They are beyond comfortable!), but I can still get away with some non-maternity shirts. Here are some progression pictures I've taken over the weeks!


1 comment: