Monday, January 17, 2011

Our journey...

I never blogged about my struggle with infertility. I didn't want to dwell on it, so why blog about it? It was unexpected, frightening and sad, and I tried to just go through the motions of infertility treatments while always keeping my guard up.

And to this day I don't like to dwell on it, but I'm certainly not going to pretend it never happened. Now that I have seen the "other side" of infertility I can look back and truly say that I am glad it happened. It made me much closer with my husband and more importantly with God. True, there were times that I was mad with both of them! But through the hurt came a joy that I never thought possible, and I know these joys are just going to be DOUBLED over and over as time goes on!!!

So to make a very, VERY long story short, I was infertile due to PCOS, aka, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome which is a leading cause of female infertility. That was the only issue. I didn't ovulate and it's not exactly easy to conceive when you don't ovulate! But we got that taken care of via. some awesome fertility drugs (Gonal F, Menopur & Lupron to be exact) and a LOT of prayer and, well, here we are! Pregnant and with TWINS! We love them both so much already, and are excited to share our journey with our friends and family!

I'm already at 14 weeks pregnant, so I hope you don't mind if I backtrack a little...

1 comment:

  1. Oooh - I just realized you had another blog for this. NM all my questions on your food blog - I'll just follow along here. :)

    ReplyDelete